Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Messy Stuff

I have been blogging on and off for about three years. In past blogs I have written mostly about writing and the charitable work my husband and I have been involved in. Occasionaly I have shared thoughts on motherhood, wifedom and other random subjects but for the most part I have kept the 'messy' real life stuff off the 'professional' blog...well folks that ain't working for me!

In August 2007, in the midst of a near hellish year, my eldest son was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. That diagnoses coupled with the loss of two pregnancies and honest to goodness near death experiences for both my husband and I (he fell off our roof and landed on his head and my heart stopped during an apparently routine medical procedure) lead us to take a second look at our lives and how we were living them.

During the past 18 months we have made a lot of changes to how we live and what we do with our time but mostly how genuine we are about who we are. We are not perfect. We try to do what we feel is right, sometimes we succeed and sometimes we fail but mostly we land somewhere in the middle. We are people of faith but we know that having faith won't keep us from difficulties in our lives - it will only help us get through them.

So this blog this time around is about everything, but mostly its about the messy stuff.

Thanks for checking in and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment